In just a few days we will come together as a community to celebrate, connect, and inspire. With only 3 days to go, it’s still not too late and I hope to see you this Saturday, September 23 at the 2017 Autism Speaks Broward Walk presented by Aon!
As our community prepares for the BIG DAY, we wanted to share with you some great info you could use. Also, be sure to download your copy of the Guide to Walk Day to best prepare!
Tips for a Great Walk Day!
- Arrive early! Registration and Check In will open at 8:00AM. Opening Ceremonies begin at 9:00 a.m. Please note that you may find traffic as you enter the BB&T Center so give yourself time to arrive. The BB&T Center will shut down all road access thru Gates 5 & 7 to the Event area by 9:00am to accommodate Walk Route and will not reopen till 10:30am.
- Free parking is available in the northeast side of the BB&T Center, be sure to follow the guidance arrows and parking attendants! All participants must enter thru Gates 5 & 7, all other gates will be closed. For a detailed map, click here
- REGISTRATION: Registration opens at 8:00 AM! All participants MUST register for the Walk in advance or morning of, including attendees who want to support and enjoy the day’s festivities. Walkers registered online before noon on Friday, September 22nd will have access to the EXPRESS CHECK IN Tent. In an effort to move Check-In along quickly and efficiently, please have all your donations on hand or your printed fundraising report from your personal page. Any participants who had not registered online must go to the Registering Today tents to register and turn in their donations there.
- DONATIONS: Please head to our Registration/Check In tents at the entrance of the event, and bring in all collected donations or make your own donation! Forgot your cash or check book? WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS!If you receive more donations after the Walk, they should be mailed to:
Remember to include a donation form, with your supporter ID. You can print a personalized one from your walk fundraising page.
- FUNDRAISING INCENTIVES: All walkers who individually collect $150.00 or more receive one official 2017 Autism Speaks Broward Walk T-shirt designed by Tommy Hilfiger! You will be a given a ticket to pick up your T-shirt at our T-shirt tent after you have gone through Registration. Individuals can buy a t-shirt at registration by donating $150 or charge it to your credit card. All walkers who individually collect $500 will receive the commemorative T-shirt and a Tribute Medallion. And all walkers who go above and beyond raising $1,000 or more individually will receive a commemorative T-shirt, a Tribute Medallion and a commemorative Grand Club pin with invitation to our VIP Tent for catered breakfast!
- GRAND CLUB MEMBERS: If you have qualified** as Grand Club member you will have access to the VIP Tent at the Walk, with delicious catered breakfast! You will also receive a special commemorative pin as well as other special perks! (Grand Club Members are individuals who have raised $1,000 or more)
**Off-line donations must have been received in the Princeton office by September 20th and on-line donations must be posted by noon Friday, September 22, 2017 to qualify for Grand Club Walk Day perks.**
- Our Walk will feature two amazing Emcees! Nathalie Rodriguez of I Heart Radio’s 93.9MIA and DJ Carlos Leon of World Class Entertainment! Meet them before the Opening Ceremonies!
- The Walk route is .68 of a mile in honor of the 1 in 68 children diagnosed with autism. There will be 1 water station along the path. The route will feature different entertainment along the way, including motorcycles!
- We certainly understand people have special needs. The event is an outdoor family day with music and fun activities for the families and friends. For an escape, there is a Sensory Area in the arena lobby that will have volunteers from Butterfly Effects.
- Please note the best footwear for the day will be sneakers and don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Food at the Walk: Water and fruits will be available. If you would like to bring your own picnic basket for breakfast/lunch at the Walk, you and your team are welcome to eat at the seating areas throughout the event area.
- Meet our very own Autism Response Team member, Joan de la Paz, to ask questions and learn more about the latest resources and tool kits at the Autism Speaks Resources tent.
- Visit the South Florida Ford tent, check out their latest fleet of cars and enter for a chance to win a new Ford Mustang. Make sure to take a Ford photo and post it on Instagram and follow @soflaford. For every photo posted with hashtag #Ford4Autism, they will donate $5 to Autism Speaks!
- Play video games at the Florida Panthers van and meet Stanley C. Panther!
- Service pets are allowed at the event and must be on leash at all times with owners.
- It is prohibited for unauthorized vendors to solicit at this event.
Anyone needing assistance with mobility issues, please let us know 24 hours in advance by emailing browardwalk@
What do you think??? Hope you’re excited! See you soon!
Angelica F. Ramcharran
P.S. Click here to watch a short video about the walk!