See what’s happening now!
COMMUNITY NEWS BLAST
CSC Statement on Systemic Racism and Violence Against Black People
The Children’s Services Council (CSC) of Broward County condemns racism and stands with the families and children hurt by violent and systemic racist acts.Every day we see evidence of the ways Broward’s children and families are deeply impacted and traumatized by systemic and institutional racism as well as violence against Black people.
We know there is a lot going on now upending most families’ routines. That’s why the Children’s Services Council is happy to share some fun FREE activities to do at home as a family to continue learning and inspire imagination when not engaged in Broward County Schools’ virtual education.
- NEW ECMC Foundation: Education Grants for Underserved Backgrounds in the categories of College Success and Career Readiness
- Tomorrow’s Rainbow: Offering virtual grief support groups via Zoom. Say hello to the horses, check in with your friends, and see how impactful virtual grief support groups can be!
- Upgraded Points: The 75 Best Virtual Museum Tours Around the World [Art, History, Science, and Technology]
THE READING NOOK
Over the last three years, the Broward Reads Coalition has worked to get the county’s students reading at grade level. We learn how the coalition is stepping up their efforts amid the COVID-19 pandemic, as more students are expected to fall behind due to distance learning.
Interview: Cindy Arenberg Seltzer, Co-Chair, Broward Reads Coalition & President/CEO, Children’s Services Council of Broward County
Wonder. Imagination. Exploration. Who knows what’s in store! Check out some providers offering story time and so much more!
- Broward County Library: Mini storytimes (releasing on Mondays) and Mini STEAM storytimes (releasing on Thursdays) through Facebook, Instagram, and You Tube.
The Literacy League’s Storytime Heroes
The Literacy League’s Storytime Heroes opportunity engages volunteers who are passionate about Early Childhood Education as virtual guest readers. As students are out of school and parents are doing their best to keep the students engaged at home, this is a unique opportunity to do some social distancing literacy volunteerism.
SUMMER IS HERE!
- Master’s in Data Science: The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids: 239 Cool Sites About Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
RESOURCES TO GET YOU BY
- Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a supplemental benefit for households with children who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to pandemic-related school closures.
CSC has launched online training! Log onto the Training Website for our current online offerings. Join the Mailing List (bottom of the page) to be informed each week of the latest topics scheduled. https://training.cscbroward. org
COMMUNITY PARTNERS’ CORNER
FEATURE YOUR RESOURCES
CSC Broward is pleased to share child and family-related information, including funding opportunities. Please contact the sponsoring organizations directly for more info. Resources/events in the blast are listed free of charge and, unless sponsored by the CSC, should not be considered as endorsements.