Begins March 6, 2017
Parents and guardians can submit applications for Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Head Start/Early Head Start programs during the open enrollment window, which takes place March 6 – 31, 2017.
The BCPS Head Start/Early Head Start program serves three- and four-year-old children, and offers a full school day of educational enrichment activities with research proven curriculum focusing on the development of the whole child. In addition, Head Start and Early Head Start services include dental, health, nutrition, mental health and family support. The Early Head Start program also provides services to pregnant women, infants and toddlers.
To apply, families must meet the income eligibility requirements, as determined by the Department of Health & Human Services 2017 Poverty Guidelines. Families of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To complete an application (see application sites listed below), parents or guardians must provide the following documentation:
- Proof of age (child’s original birth certificate or passport)
- Child’s Medicaid card (if eligible)
- Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
- Parent photo identification
- Proof of all household income for the past 12 months (income is defined as the total money earned or received before deductions for all family members)
- Proof of residence in Broward County