Scholarships do not come to you just because you want to or because you are a good student and you deserve. You have to go get them. There are a lot of scholarships, more than you can imagine.
Apply for a scholarship is similar to the procedure to follow to apply for college. There are plenty of options and steps to take before developing a list of scholarships, which takes time.
When you start the search
Start early. Students who begin the scholarship search early will have more options.
When you start searching for scholarships is important that first of all and to not invest more time than necessary in the search:
- Check that you are eligible for the scholarship. Go to whom it is addressed, if international students, residents or citizens. If you are not a citizen and the scholarship is for citizens, do not stop, close and continues.
- Verify that caters for students of the state where you reside.
- Many scholarships are aimed at minorities, if you do not enter into these minorities do not stop.
- Check the expiration of the offer.
- You will need time to get the necessary information and put the materials together. Among the general requirements that you must have are:
- Transcripts of notes
- Forms of financial aid FAFSA
- Test (s)
- Letters of recommendation
- Average standardized tests
- Test to be eligible for the scholarship as birth certificate, legal status, if you have a student visa if you are a resident or citizen.
- Stay organized. Make separate folders for each scholarship and make track of what is needed and when things should be done. Make a calendar to keep track of scholarships. Sets maturities.
Where to look for scholarships
Use the free search services. A scholarship search company and obtains information on hundreds of scholarships and academic characteristics compare your child with the requirements of the scholarship. Based on your child’s responses to a questionnaire, you will receive a list of available scholarships . The decide which apply.
You should never pay for information about a scholarship
How to apply
- Follow the instructions carefully. Read the requirements carefully
- If you have any questions about what the scholarship requirements, or how to fill a part of the application, call or write to the scholarship sponsors.
- Provides the requested documents
- When filling out application do not let blanks
- Delivery time Implementation
- Take note of deadlines
- Before sending the application read it complete.
Some websites on Scholarships
Sourse: Edition 19 Aldea Magazine
It is important that before you start to search for scholarships, you read the following article, «How to spot and avoid scholarship scams» written by Aimee O’Driscoll , published in the webpage https://www.comparitech.com, in which she write about how «scholarship scams take advantage of students looking to help fund their education. We reveal how to spot and avoid common scholarship scams, as well as what to do if you’ve been caught out by one.»