Being prepared begins on the first day of class! Do your best to maintain excellent attendance, take good notes, participate actively in class, complete homework assignments, complete test reviews, and study hard in advance. All of the strategies discussed below will have a bigger impact when you enter the testing situation feeling confident about your level of preparedness. If you suffer from test anxiety, being prepared for your test is the best way to reduce feelings of stress and apprehension.
TESTING TAKING TIPS: PREPARE BEFORE THE TEST
1) Manage your time so that you can avoid “cramming”
2) Begin or join a study group
3) Gather testing materials in advance
4) Get a good night’s sleep
5) Eat a healthy breakfast
6) Avoid caffeine
7) Practice relaxation techniques
You may also interested in Why Start College Preparation in Middle School?
TEST TAKING TIPS: USE SMART TEST TAKING STRATEGIES DURING THE TEST
8) Meditate on something that gives you peace right before the test
9) Practice positive self-talk
10) Focus on the task at hand
11) Pace yourself
12) Use a highlighter!
13) Don’t stress about what you don’t know
14) Answer the test questions!
15) Take a minute
16) Check your work!
1) Before the Test: Preparation is the key to success!
2) During the Test: Use smart testing taking strategies! Make sure you stay focus on the task at hand.
3) After the Test: Celebrate … you’ve earned it!
For the full description of each recommendation go to our website.
Source: Aldea Edición 17 Aldea Magazine